SURFACE TREATMENT EQUIPMENT
TYPES OF SURFACE TREATMENT
The main basic techniques in the electroplating are nickel plating, zinc plating, chrome plating, copper plating, anodizing, brass plating. Also gilding, silvering and some other methods are used.
- Nickel plating – a process of depositing a thin layer of nickel on the surface of metal products for corrosion protection. Nickel plating can be of several types: electrochemical, chemical, "black nickel"coating. In the electrochemical nickel plating - nickel coated steel products and non-ferrous metals to achieve high corrosion resistance and durability improvement. The main advantage of electroless nickel plating, which includes up to 12% more phosphorus, is a uniform distribution of the coating on the surface of the product, as well as increased corrosion resistance, wear resistance and toughness obtained after heat treatment.
- Galvanizing — application of zinc metal products. In contact with iron zinc becomes anode, therefore resulting in corrosion processes occurring on the surface of galvanized parts, zinc dissolves, and not the primary metal. Good protective properties of zinc and its low cost compared to other non-ferrous metals have identified widespread zinc coating.
- Chromiting - it is a process where chrome or its alloy is applied on metal product . This product itself receives such properties as wear, anti-corrosion, heat resistance and etc. Nowadays chrome plating is widely used. It is at enough volume used as at mechanical engineering, as at industry. Chrome itself has great resistance against negative effects of different acid, and also alkalis. It doesn’t dim even if it is heated up to 700 k. For beauty and protection from corrosion people use chrome in great quantity of different products. Chrome plating is widely spread at different areas. For example, interior objects, among which there are some details of furniture, handles to doors, plates, figurines and etc often are subjected to chomiting. Chrome is used for breastplates durability (orders, medals, badges and t. e.), accessories to things (cuff links, buckles, clips to ties), jewelry decorations. Also there is one more common application scope - health tools coating. Changing composition electrolyte you can get decorative (from dark - blue color to even black) or wear-resistant cover. Chrome is used for treatment of engine details, gearbox and other mechanisms.
- Copper plating - is infliction of copper coating on Steel products by electroplating. Copper plating is used basically for protection of some sections of metal products from cementation. Copper plating is used only those parts of the articles that are subjected to further machining.
- Anodizing – is the process of obtaining a protective or decorative surface of various alloys (aluminum) under the influence of the current. The resulting film has higher electrical insulation, water resistance and corrosion protection.
- Brass plating is applied to protect the product from corrosion, to ensure lasting adhesion of steel and aluminum products with the tires in hot pressing, to create an intermediate layer in the nickel-plating or tinning steel parts. Brass plating - one of the ways to improve anti-friction properties of titanium and its alloys.
- Gilding, silvering - is infliction of a thin galvanic layer on the surface of different products. Gilding and silvering is used for very long time, but today the most effective method of gold, silver covering – is electrolytic gilding or silvering, that means application of electroplating method.